|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on March 25, 2019 at 12:30 PM||comments (0)|
I installed a new Wind Generator on Friday 22 March to replace the previous one that had Failed. This new Wind Generator is more silent and working well, to maintain a "Trickle Charge" on all the Battery Systems.
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on October 27, 2018 at 2:30 PM||comments (0)|
this is my helicopter information website, click on the link or ccopy and paste https://heliflying.webs.com/
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on September 1, 2018 at 9:40 AM||comments (0)|
We will consider selling Holmwood for the realistic price of £140,000.00
Please note Holmwood is a coded vessell and fully sea worthy, so no time wasters.
Contact the website for any further information.
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on September 1, 2018 at 9:35 AM||comments (0)|
We have completed many hours painting the decks and super structure.
Holmwood is looking very smart and tidy thanks to the last month of good summer weather.
We will continue maintanence and painting in the engine room during the winter months.
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on August 9, 2018 at 12:15 PM||comments (0)|
On return from Weymouth, I discovered the fresh water pump was leaking excessively.
We took it off, and refurbished and repaired all moving parts.
This work was carried out by Michael Stone, all is now operational and good as new.
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on August 9, 2018 at 12:10 PM||comments (0)|
We went to Weymouth to visit Grahame, Gerry and Woody.
We had a great Curry night onboard.
Stayed for a few days then returned to Mount Batten Plymouth.
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on May 30, 2018 at 10:30 AM||comments (0)|
On the 6th April 2018 I discovered water in the dry sump oil tank.
I took the engine port side plate off the main engine and discovered water leaking from the outside of No.2 liner.
This was a devasting blow and left me "sick" with worry.
I contacted Chris Smith to ask if he could come and sort out the problem.
I subsequently drained the fresh water from the main engine and also drained all oil from the sump and dry oil tank.
Chris and Bob arrived on the 23rd April 2018 and striped the liners and pistons from the engine.
The linerswere pitted under the O rings.
I completed the task of cleaning and preparing the engine room, Chris and Bob returned on the 20th May 2018 with 4 new liners and all the parts required.
Chris refurbished the injectors and cleaned and prepared the pistons.
Chris, Bob and myself proceeded to rebuild the main engine, this was completed 10.00am on the 22nd May 2018, we ran the engine for 2 hours.
On running the engine the following day, I discovered I could not increase the power.
On investigation, I found the Governor, was not operating.
Chris returned on the 30th May 2018, we repaired and serviced the Governor to working condition again.
All is now satisfactory.
Thankfully Holmwood is now operational again with very grateful thanks to Chris Smith and Bob the bee.
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on October 13, 2016 at 2:40 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by M.V. Holmwood on November 29, 2015 at 8:45 AM||comments (1)|
This photo was kindly taken by Tom